It’s official. The ride is back on, and still happening on Sunday March 30.
Hail, rain or shine, It is still going ahead. The weather should be perfect though.
What you need to know
- Riders will be gathering at the Edinburgh Gardens, behind the Lawn Bowls green.
(Meet from 12.30pm. Painting & preparation from 1.00pm – 2.30pm.)
- It is planned to have an area blocked off and shielded from the public for anyone wanting some privacy while changing or painting. (Media and Photographers will not be allowed here, please see media info here)
- Approx 2.30pm we will ride off and take to the streets for our ride to the city.
(The ride is a gentle ride of mostly flat smooth terrain, taking in the top end of the city.)
(We will have someone left behind to look after your stuff, but don’t leave any valuables behind.)
- Late comers can call. (If you don’t get through, try again. Phone calls cannot be returned.)
What to bring
- Your bike
(Need a bike? Bikes can be hired in the city. outside the museum in Rathdown St.- Federation Square, – Victoria Market on Elizabeth St – to name a few). But they do not have helmets.
- Your helmet (for safety and legal reasons)
- Sturdy shoes
- A bag to put your stuff in once undressed
- A few bucks donation for our running costs.
- All you friends and family (Let’s make this one huge)
- Body paint, makeup, slogans, flowers.
- Your camera. (Everyone else’ll have one)
- Whistles, bells and noise makers.
- Your smiles and Goodwill for all other road users.
Meeting Point (Edinburgh Gardens. Behind the lawn bowling green. (south of the rotunda)
578 Brunswick Street Fitzroy North. Melways Ref. Map 2C – 1C
Google or GPS; Fitzroy Victoria Bowling & Sports Club, Brunswick Street, Fitzroy North, Victoria
There should be plenty of street parking nearby, but do read any parking signs first. There are trams along Brunswick Street with a tram stop right out the front. Bikes ride for free on Sundays, as do Seniors with a card.
Hoping for many, many riders, will you be one?
We’re still calling out for anyone interested in helping out to contact us asap firstname.lastname@example.org
Be part of our team, make it happen THIS SUNDAY
Also see Facebook
Check back as we gear up (and down) for our biggest ride ever
Mark down the date – Sunday March 30 2pm